The Christian Metal Room
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What band first got you into Christian Metal?

+3
Rabid Rob
metaldude
Mac&Cheese
7 posters

Go down

What band first got you into Christian Metal? Empty What band first got you into Christian Metal?

Post by Mac&Cheese Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:39 pm

For me it was Whitecross I had heard Stryper before that but they just didn't do much for me at that time. I was all too familiar of the popular ccm at that time. My brother liked Petra but I didn't care to much for them at that point either. Lol now I love both bands. But what had happened was my mom was out doing errands and I rode with her. We stop at this Christian book store neR us. I'm thinking oh wow this is real fun Razz. So anyway the guy who was in.charge of the music section comes up to me and compliments me on my jean jacket which had a Bonjovi patch on the back. He said I take it you're into metal. And I'm like yeah I like stuff like Bonjovi and Motley Crüe. He then asked me if I liked Ratt. I was taken off guard he asked me this. But I said yeah I like both their albums a lot. He went on to tell me about this band called Whitecross and the singer sounds like the guy from Ratt! I got to listen to the little demo they had of the first tape. I was hooked. I ran over to ran over to my mom and asked for 10 bucks which she reluctantly gave me. And the rest they say is history!
Mac&Cheese
Mac&Cheese
Admin

https://christianmetalroom.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

What band first got you into Christian Metal? Empty Re: What band first got you into Christian Metal?

Post by Guest Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:44 pm

My first Christian Hard Rock exposure was Resurrection Band's DMZ. A friend of mine got a cassette from his mom and we listened to it over and over again. Next was Stryper's Yellow & Black Attack. From there Bloodgood was added and then more Christian Metal came flooding through the gates.

Back to top Go down

What band first got you into Christian Metal? Empty Re: What band first got you into Christian Metal?

Post by metaldude Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:50 pm

It was Rez for me, as well. Next came Daniel Band, then Barnabas, then Barren Cross. Thirty years later, I still look for new stuff every day.
metaldude
metaldude

Back to top Go down

Post by Rabid Rob Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:06 pm

For me it was Stryper and Rez shortly after. But my first real metal experience was hearing Bloodgood's debut album.

Rabid Rob
Rabid Rob
Admin

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:19 am

Rez. "White Noize" to be specific.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rabid Rob Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:59 am

I love the solo on that song! I remember seeing Rex at C'stone 87 for the first time. Stu Heiss played the solo then smashed the guitar.
Rabid Rob
Rabid Rob
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Servant Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:27 pm

Stryper

TJ Servant

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave.Kruse73 Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:44 am

Stryper was the first Christian rock band I ever heard, but I was clueless to their message. The first Christian rock band I got into, was Guardian, not too long after I got saved.
Dave.Kruse73
Dave.Kruse73

Back to top Go down

Post by rokker4Jesus Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:11 am

REZ all the way. The first music I had was a superset (3 songs in a row) that I recorded from the radio on a Christian rock show Sunday mornings. I also remember the Daniel Band. I didn't know who they were, but I called the station and asked the host who sang a song with these lyrics: He created the stars, He created the earth, etc. She said, "Is it heavy metal?" I said it is. She said, "That's Daniel Band." The rest followed shortly after: Saint, Barren Cross, Bloodgood, Stryper, Philadelphia, Darrell Mansfield, etc. I know. Darrell isn't a metal artist, but Jesus Will Reign blew me away with that guitar solo.
rokker4Jesus
rokker4Jesus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:16 pm

Stryper's Reason For The Season 11 inch vinyl EP. I had never heard them but I had heard all about them. No brained picked it up and loved it. To this day that song is still my favorite Stryper song.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:17 pm

Whoops I mean 12 inch EP. Darn iPod!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down